What do you use cheats for?

I know a lot of people use cheats for different reasons I am curious what your reason is for using cheats.

I myself have used cheats in the past on various FPS games just to gain a very small advantage over the opponent (like ESP but not through walls, and the smallest aimbot settings) I also have used cheast/bots to automate some game processes that were tedious to save myself some time.

It overlaps a bit with my Introduction Post.

I initially came from Game Modding, mostly looking for Quality of Life Enhancements in PvE where it not really harms somewhere. That can either be things like HP overlays for enemies or ESPs for collectables where searching and collecting those for hours not really adds much to gameplay.

My more extreme cases of cheating in like PvP or something were either protests against server owners in a game or an environment where everyone was using Cheats anyway...

On 1/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, Zeta said:

It overlaps a bit with my Introduction Post.

I initially came from Game Modding, mostly looking for Quality of Life Enhancements in PvE where it not really harms somewhere. That can either be things like HP overlays for enemies or ESPs for collectables where searching and collecting those for hours not really adds much to gameplay.

My more extreme cases of cheating in like PvP or something were either protests against server owners in a game or an environment where everyone was using Cheats anyway...

tbh literally this. Like some 3rd party apps etc are allowed but if you look at OSRS they kinda banned the on 3rd party app that made the game actually better and playable in terms of graphics and quality of life and because of some missuses they ban it which is kinda sad. I loved using hacked clients for this in games like Minecraft as well. Not really hurting anyone but just using certain things that make my life easier.

On 1/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, BitSec said:

Like some 3rd party apps etc are allowed but if you look at OSRS they kinda banned the on 3rd party app that made the game actually better and playable in terms of graphics and quality of life and because of some missuses they ban it which is kinda sad. I loved using hacked clients for this in games like Minecraft as well. Not really hurting anyone but just using certain things that make my life easier.

In case of Minecraft you even got a big list of Cheating Options at this point.

Singleplayer Cheating is always possible, or you could Cheat on 1.8.9 and bully people in PvP. You rather prefer 2B2T, an anarchy cheating server? That mostly a 1.12.2 market, yet they shift to 1.17 soon.

For Modpacks there is always something you can inject, and in worst case you build something yourself. Many Modpack Server rely on using "Forge" as Serversoftware, rendering it impossible for them to install proper Anticheat-Plugins. Instead, they push the task to the Client by forcing them to install Clientside Anticheats... on Java, a language that can not be obfuscated. Have fun ?

Other than that, i am always up for a Vanilla Round or two with friends with some QoL Modpacks.

Edited by Zeta
  • 2 weeks later...

I cheat because its fun. They can be used to enhance your gameplay and experience. Two things off the top of my head are baritone for minecraft and just modding in gta v in general. 

You need iron to make rails to make a rollercoaster, sure go ahead and tell baritone to get the iron ore for you. Then with gta you're playing with friends and you spawn in cars with guns and rockets attached to them or even changing the wheels on a jet to the bling wheels with the $ sign on them.

14 hours ago, DoritoMan said:

I cheat because its fun. They can be used to enhance your gameplay and experience. Two things off the top of my head are baritone for minecraft and just modding in gta v in general. 

You need iron to make rails to make a rollercoaster, sure go ahead and tell baritone to get the iron ore for you. Then with gta you're playing with friends and you spawn in cars with guns and rockets attached to them or even changing the wheels on a jet to the bling wheels with the $ sign on them.

Good ol' Baritone.

Thing saved my butt several times in the past, from "Farming Iron to make Minecarts and crash a server with" over "Crashing P2W Server's Economy by flooding it with rare items".

To bad it not takes care of fighting mobs, so you wanna bring those sweet sweet Thorns armor to take care of that.

On 2/8/2022 at 10:46 AM, Zeta said:

Good ol' Baritone.

Thing saved my butt several times in the past, from "Farming Iron to make Minecarts and crash a server with" over "Crashing P2W Server's Economy by flooding it with rare items".

To bad it not takes care of fighting mobs, so you wanna bring those sweet sweet Thorns armor to take care of that.

You're able to use it with kill aura and if I remember correctly there are settings to pause mining to kill mobs nearby.

On 2/10/2022 at 1:25 AM, DoritoMan said:

You're able to use it with kill aura and if I remember correctly there are settings to pause mining to kill mobs nearby.

I happen to use it on Forge Modpack Servers which limits your options a lot.

Can't just use any client and Baritone already is a Mixin, so using a nother Hacked Client as Mixin would cause problems.

I got to use some Injection Clients in combinations, but none of them would work with Baritone.

The way Baritone allows for pause when having to kill nearby enemies is via. their API that needs to be called by one the Clients (vs. Baritone Standalone where this feature is disabled). None of the Injection Clients i used did know this feature.

Edited by Zeta