Other cheaters reporting cheaters - bad or good behaviour ​ ?

Hi everyone!

How do you guys feel about other cheaters reporting you or other cheaters for cheating? Why do you think they do it? Do you report other cheaters (not only everyone but in special cases) ?

My thoughts:

Well I fell torn on this subject, couse if someone cheats and I see that but it's not so rough - I gues it's ok and wont report, why should I if I'm useing it also ? But as we like to see in CS:GO spin bots, that is total rough and everyone sees that they cheat - reporting this kind of cheaters is not bad idea I guess. I mean if in the game will be too much of players that wont hide playing on cheats, people will stop playing it (like in cs:go, they lose many of players couse of that) - without other players you can't cheat and take fun of it ? But I'm not sure how to feel about it. From my side I can tell that I reported for sure few players that was doing total spin bot and shooting through the wall without hideing. Also I saw many players with WH or other stuff, but they was hideing so I didn't felt need to report them - maybe couse I felt similar to them ^.^

Let me know what you think and feel about that! I'm curious

You already head towards the right direction - to get an idea of why cheater report cheater, we gotta understand different reasons for cheating too.

An obvious indicator is that the cheating community is split into so called "Ragecheater" and "Ghostcheater", which have different objectives. A Ragecheater will often play with an unlimited amount of throwaway accounts, using every advantage he can get to dominate it's players. He is not afraid of doing something obvious and getting banned from that. He will just use another account. They mostly play of the entertainment of ruining the fun for others.

A Ghostcheater will play on his Main Account and try to win with the impression of being legit for everyone. The Ghostcheater wants to take sure that he not gets banned at any price and is with that limited in his options. He may also have special needs like an Overlay for HUDs to be used when Recording or Streaming his "legit" gameplay. They play for the sake of being the very best.. Atleast in numbers. Or because EVERYONE cheats. Looking at you, Minecraft...

For a Ghostcheater it will be from obvious interest to cut down on the amount of Ragecheater, as those will stay a clear lose to their statistics they care so much about. Especially in Games where reports can happen ingame, and bans can take affect within the same round, reporting a Ragecheater in the hope of him getting banned before the round has ended can be a strategy. Looking at the Minecraft Hypixel Server with it's "Watchdog Anticheat" there...

Other than that, Cheaters may grudge other cheaters not the win. Whatever group you belong to, people cheat to win. Either sneaky for stats, or by pushing it for the fun. Someone trying the same will for sure only be annoying. Or you just mistake a legit person for cheating because you are in rage of losing. Who knows. Or even another barrel where people report legits intentionally in hope to get them falsebanned from AI-based Anticheats. Looking at you again, Watchdog...

However, it not always have to be like that. There are always the digital wastelands where everything is allowed for those Cheater who itself look for "who can cheat the best", especially when own cheats instead of bought ones become involved. 2B2T may be such a wasteland, through its clearly not for the weak hearted. When "everything is allowed", people will take it literal and won't be scared of actions such as:

• Betraying their own IRL Cheater Friend and infect their PC via. BadUSB to grief a base
  • Social Engineer Developers into "fixing bugs" that cause will bigger exploits that can be used (NOCOM; "no comment"-Exploit)
  • Or recently, Discovering and exploiting a Remote Code Execution in Log4J ("Log4Shell" Exploit)

Cheaters vs. Cheaters has always been a thing. Something among honors of them is rare. Sometimes you lucky and 2 rage hacker meet and team up to nuke down on those legits so they can do a "1v1 like real man". But thats the rare exception. Especially when they use Ingame Text/Voicechat to advertise their products, they not gonna want to give away the win to another cheater.

Edited by Zeta

Everyone has different reasons to use cheats. I myself sometimes use it to see if better AIM would make me a better player or get me higher rank or if it is game sense I need to focus on or other things.

Another reason is because I like to see how far I can get myself in terms of rank without getting caught when I see a cheater on the opponent team I usually try to win from them by playing "legit" cheats.

The only time when I report cheaters or possible cheaters is when I am not using any cheats myself because at that point I am a normal player and not a cheater so I guess it's alright in that case.

8 minutes ago, BitSec said:

at that point I am a normal player and not a cheater so I guess it's alright in that case.

Yes and no.

I kind of disagree with reporting under almost all conditions. I am tilted by all-in, everything activated kind of hackers though. The ones that don't allow the opponents to move at all. A decent amount of cheats on I have no problem against.

Basically, cheating is cool as long as you don't flash it in people's faces. ?

46 minutes ago, tmd2fast said:

Basically, cheating is cool as long as you don't flash it in people's faces. ?

I mean in that case if they don't want to get reported then maybe they should hide it better xD
I also must say that I rarely cheat in games tho I usually like to play legit more but sometimes having that superpower + godlike aim feels good.

9 hours ago, BitSec said:

I myself sometimes use it to see if better AIM would make me a better player or get me higher rank or if it is game sense I need to focus on or other things.

Sounds a bit like an excuse on first glance but i know a different story about people using DPS Parsers in Games for "Improving themselves by analyzing other players behaviour" instead of just using it to witchhunt each other on Discord or 4Chan. Talking from own experience there.

There can be several reasons for why someone uses Cheats, maybe not really malicious onces which makes reporting them to a difficult topic. I consider it my good right to learn from others playstyle, others may consider getting this data as a ban reason however...

Making good decisions on that requires context for every single case that often not exists, especially for the staff member that is supposed to do the ban later. As such, i do not think much of it to report people for cheating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 3:37 AM, gdacac said:

i think its just time wasting bro  there's no point to reproting other cheaters.

but if the other cheat is making impossible to play the game ? (like dead even before start...)

i'll definitely report lol

On 1/28/2022 at 1:56 PM, sabian said:

I definitely think it's weird lol. most people do it if they lose and/or other person talks shit to them. Lmao

Seeing a better pattern here when people start to report people when they are losing a match because of being a bad loser, but that not even necessary requires the other side to be a cheater ?

On 1/30/2022 at 9:53 PM, Zeta said:

Seeing a better pattern here when people start to report people when they are losing a match because of being a bad loser, but that not even necessary requires the other side to be a cheater ?

I mean if you lose against team that you are not sure if they cheat and you cheat - that mean you are noob. But if you see enemy rage cheat? For me this is not the way to use cheat actually ? some kind like programs for league of legends - this is really hard to tell about anyone if they cheat or not - you can't cheat a lot but even more view can make difference. That's make also easyer work for cheat creators, couse if they won't feel need to update antycheat so often I guess they not - or I'm wrong about that and my theory is just bad xD

On 2/8/2022 at 4:43 AM, DoritoMan said:

If I have never cheated on a game I would report. However, if I have cheated on the game before I wouldn't think anything bad about it. 

Cheating because someone else is cheating is fair play and I wouldn't report the second person in a game like CSGO.

I understand you but I didnt ment legit cheater. I ment rage cheater that use spin-bot and this kind of programs - shooting by 1000 walls, no chance to move. You know what I mean

• 7 months later...

tbh depends on the game, game-mode and way of play.

I do not play as "Rage Cheater" at all, only when PVP on conan xd.

tho i never got to report cheater, most of the time when we meet each other on the room, we just starting to cheat together which make it on a whole new diffrent lvl of fun.

I'd report any cheater without a second thought. As long as someone gets ahead of regular players in any way using cheats or exploits, I'll report. No honor among thieves lmao. If I could magically see your in-game nicknames on this forum I wouldn't rat any of you out but whatever happens in-game in front of me is totally fair in my eyes. 

The thing's simple for me - you're not forced to cheat yet you do it anyway for *insert reason/excuse here* so since you're aware of the punishment and all that cheating entails, you should accept your punishment when caught instead of whining like a baby or pushing the blame on the person who reported you. It's 100% on you if you're stupid enough to be spotten when cheating, like what do you expect to happen? If anything, it's even more reason to report you because the more obvious cheaters there is, the more the general public is aware of the problem. Dead by Daylight is a good example of a cheater problem comming to light in the last 2-3 years due to cheaters ragehacking instead of playing safe. 
Ofc, I consider the same for myself - as long as someone spots me cheating and reports me, I don't mid. 

I am the type of dude who would never be good enough to get to 0,1% of players but good enought to be in the 1% (eg. Valorant Immo3 hardstuck, Apex Master hardstuck and so on). Thats what triggered to try and cheat.. Also, since I started cheating its like I discovered gaming for the first time in my life. I always played legit because that still gives me that competitive fun. I would always report rage cheater as it takes the fun my game from me and all the others. I know I have an advantage but legit people can still kill me and win the game. If u rage u would get banned anyways, I just probably make process a lil bit faster and u know that. If ur mad when someone reports u, then ur just dumb asf and u should prolly suck on deez. 

• 1 month later...
On 19/09/2022 at 12:38, infiller said:

I am the type of dude who would never be good enough to get to 0,1% of players but good enought to be in the 1% (eg. Valorant Immo3 hardstuck, Apex Master hardstuck and so on). Thats what triggered to try and cheat.. Also, since I started cheating its like I discovered gaming for the first time in my life. I always played legit because that still gives me that competitive fun. I would always report rage cheater as it takes the fun my game from me and all the others. I know I have an advantage but legit people can still kill me and win the game. If u rage u would get banned anyways, I just probably make process a lil bit faster and u know that. If ur mad when someone reports u, then ur just dumb asf and u should prolly suck on deez. 

Well that's answer I agree with